Here is a few of the frequently asked questions:
Q: Do I need to bring a fishing rod?
A: We supply all the fishing equipment you will need, including top quality rods, reels and thousands of lures. We set all the equipment and our professional crew is there by your side to help you land the big ones.
Q: What do I need to bring?
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- Soft soled shoes
- Your muscles. Catching Chinook salmon can give you quite a workout
- A sweater or light jacket
- A Camera
- A cooler to take your fish home. We will clean your fish for you.
- A fishing licence. Required for 18 to 64 years. You can buy a One-day Sport Fishing Licence online for $13.23 Visit: http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca
- Beverages of your choice. We supply bottled water, pop and coffee at no charge.
- If you are on a self-catered charter you are welcome to bring food and snacks. The larger yachts have facilities to heat food.
Q: Do I need a Great Ontario Salmon Derby Ticket?
A: No. All Guests are automatically entered when you book with fishportcredit.com. This is a $115.00 per person value.
Q: When does the fishing season start?
A: Our fishing season is from May until October. The Great Ontario Salmon Derby is from July 5 to Aug 23. Book early. The derby date fills up quickly.
Q: What is we have bad weather?
A: We constantly monitor the marine weather. If the weather conditions are unsafe we will gladly reschedule your charter. Rain is okay on the lake but lightening is not. Safety is always top priority.
Q: Is there a washroom on board?
A: All of our vessels are equipped with clean and proper washroom facilities.